Using the Microsoft Search admin centre to configure Bookmarks is a great way to improve the search experience for your Office 365 users. I’ve made a short video to show how bookmarks are added and where they show up and a where they don’t.
Here are some ideas for the sorts of things you could create bookmarks for:
- Important company documents e.g. strategic plan, budgets, managers portal
- Things for new employees e.g. induction links, building maps, org chart
- Process documentation e.g. leave request, report an accident, training request
- Projects e.g. link to Microsoft Teams or SharePoint sites
three tips to get started:
- Start small so that you can get a few runs on the board rather than trying to identify all required bookmarks first.
- Tell your users about bookmarks and how to Search!
- Don’t forget to go back and review how the bookmarks are performing and make adjustments.
If it’s Friday afternoon or just a dull rainy day, try adding a few bookmarks to get yourself started.